Wednesday 13 May 2020

Pre-corona memories

Tonight I was browsing my mobile to reminisce my pre-corona memories. One of the last things I did past March before intelligent lockdown was having an awesome metal ladies night in Simplon theater with my adolescent daughters of 14 and 16. It was the first time I took them with me to Simplon, like I took them to Vera first last February to the Otoboke Beaver concert.



Simplon is just like Vera in Groningen a wonderful place to meet big names-to-be like Nirvana in 1989, which at that time was not very known yet. Always cool to be part of such happenings!
It is part of my way of living since I was a teenager myself, which I also would like to give my kids to make this amazing memories like I did myself.

After we had some appetizers with Schizophrenia and Angelus Apatrida, we got blown away by main act Evil Invaders and we were front row. Where I first was hypnotized by the fuckin' impressive drum solo, I later got hooked up by the dazzling almost private performance of the guitarist in front of me. 



We had so much more concert tickets for this summer. In March I was supposed to go to Ghostemane and ScarLxrd with my daughter, but lockdown came and soon it got postponed to 2021. We also hold tickets for Greenday and Weezer  to be seen in Groningen, Pearl Jam and Billie Eilish in Amsterdam, Rammstein in Nijmegen... and to our grief we have to miss the Pinkpop festival as well, with Red Hot Chili Peppers. ... 

They say all good things come to those who wait. We have to be patiƫnt and next year will be an awesome pretty busy musically one. And I feel lucky for being at the Muse and Rammstein concert last year, and also Monsta-X, Sunmi and A.C.E. No complaints. But I pity my kids who so were looking forward to this first awesome concert and festival summer ever in their life. A bit on hold, but buckle up: next year will be a smashing one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order.

I think this might be a good idea for tonight! Let's weekend! Spotify dance list